GTA Maxima
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you Think will it Buff Out?

4 posters

Go down

What do you Think will it Buff Out? Empty What do you Think will it Buff Out?

Post by Ghost Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:00 pm

This has been a week from hell, first I loose one of the pure joys I have sharing with all the guys when the TMEC site was taken off-line and now this. I decided to stop at a store on my way home from work to pickup a gift for my wife for Christmas and not knowing the area very well and it being dark (5:20pm) I took my eyes off the road for a fraction of a second to try and read a building address ... looked back to the road and had to stand on my breaks and watch to available road quickly disappear and I struck another car. I am okay for the moment just feeling a little stiff and the young chap in the other car is also fine, being lowered so low and me standing on the brakes caused me to nose dive more under the car in-front who received some very minor scratches to his bumper didn't even crack his. My ride on the other hand looks pretty bad the engine does start but given I am loosing some coolant (Not much) I had to be towed, My insurance has been excellent with so far I have a rental (nice black on black Mazda 3) spunky little thing and I can upgrade but I said no we need all available monies to get the car fixed. On the positive (if one can see one in all of this) The air bags did not deploy and I am alive to share my miss-fortune ...

So on with the pic's ... What do you think ... will it just buff up nice and shinny once again?

What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1939
What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1938
What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1937
What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1936
What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1935
What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1934
What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1933
What do you Think will it Buff Out? IMG_1932
Ghost
Ghost

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

What do you Think will it Buff Out? Empty Re: What do you Think will it Buff Out?

Post by TLMNICK Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 am

Holy $hit man. I'm SO SO sorry to see this. Good thing is you came out of it without injury, and the airbags didn't deploy. That actually looks JUST like the accident that I had a while ago. If you need any help with any part of that rebuild, let me know.

TLMNICK

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

What do you Think will it Buff Out? Empty Re: What do you Think will it Buff Out?

Post by knight_yyz Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:54 am

Wow, deja vu, looks like my car when I hit the deer a few years ago. Glad you're ok Jim.

knight_yyz

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 am

knight_yyz wrote:Wow, deja vu, looks like my car when I hit the deer a few years ago. Glad you're ok Jim.

Kind of thought I would hear that word "DEJA VU" Ray because when I got out of my car that was all I could think of, that dear your car tried to eat on Appleby Rd. The shop was amazed of the condition of the car giving its age and mileage, and enjoyed looking in at the clean engine bay and said you have this thing hopped up a bit don't you? For the most part the damage is cosmetic .. Hood-rad&fan-both head lamps, grill and bumper cover but she sure doesn't look purdy at the moment, and depending on the estimates right now it looks like its going to be repaired so I am hopeful.

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Shippedout Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Glad your okay Jim. Hopefully the body shop repairs the car properly and you don't have problems down the road.

Shippedout

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:34 pm

The car is at Car Star and they do warranty there work for the live of my ownership of the car. Although I am pretty pissed with myself for loosing my concentration if even for just a second or two. I really enjoy my car and would much rather have the car fixed back up so that if the day should come to sell her at least I can, I would not be able to replace the car with what ever amount the insurance might offer and we all know that. At this time it appears they are going to make with the repairs and it will cost me my deductible 450.00 which I can live with as I already knew the rad needed to be replaced as it has been weeping along the top, my bumper had several chips and the hood well we all have stone chips so for 450.00 I can get most of the small sins on the car fixed right up.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TLMNICK Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:19 am

You'll have to checkup on that place all the time Jim. From what I've been told from all over, they do Horrible work, and pretty much just slap the cars together. The carstar in Pickering here is really bad. I've seen some of the work from that shop, and it just boggled my mind how they could have a car leave their shop looking the way it did.

TLMNICK

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:24 am

TLMNICK wrote:You'll have to checkup on that place all the time Jim. From what I've been told from all over, they do Horrible work, and pretty much just slap the cars together. The carstar in Pickering here is really bad. I've seen some of the work from that shop, and it just boggled my mind how they could have a car leave their shop looking the way it did.

Thanks Nick for the info, I would have kept in-touch with who ever I took the car too anyway. I did speak with Ray about who put his car back together and it was the car star location near him, I know that doesn't mean anything as each shop would be independently owned and operated. It always good to know that there may be issues from shop to shop, I hope I have a good location and the workmanship is up to par.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by knight_yyz Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am

I had zero problems with carstar. They went overboard to help me out. I had to go back to mention a few things they missed and they took care of it without any complaints. I guess everyone is a little different.

knight_yyz

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:12 pm

So far everyone has been top notch with customer service, My insurance company has been fantastic with a number of calls from the different dept. checking on me and how I am and taking the time to explain what there is available ... Car Star have also been very good with the service having my rental ready and filled, as well as taking the time to explain things.

Good News I did get a go ahead from the insurance company on making the repairs and have been contacted already by Car Star also asking to get started, so things are now under way ... parts are being ordered to-day but are not expected to arrive until the middle to the end of next week given the holiday schedule that most are working. I did ask what was the final quote that was submitted ... parts - labor - Taxes = $5,200.00. I can only think in the back of my mind that I am very lucky that they didn't choose to write it off ... I really believe I have Car Star to thank for that as they could see all the work done on the car and how well things have been maintained.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum