GTA Maxima
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aiming headlights lower after hid install

5 posters

Go down

Aiming headlights lower after hid install Empty Aiming headlights lower after hid install

Post by Mclovin Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Got my 4300k bixenon hid kit in mail today and installed it. Even thought it has a reflector shield on the bulbs, do i still need to aim my headlights lower?

Mclovin

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Aiming headlights lower after hid install Empty Re: Aiming headlights lower after hid install

Post by knight_yyz Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:37 am

only if you are dropped

knight_yyz

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Aiming headlights lower after hid install Empty Re: Aiming headlights lower after hid install

Post by ecrash Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:30 am

Did you get the HID kit for your 5th gen or 5.5 gen?

ecrash

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mclovin Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:38 am

i am dropped 5th gen
i lowered them yesterday, pretty straight forward

Mclovin

Back to top Go down

Post by skidz88 Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:19 am

I found that when I dropped my car that I actually had to raise the beam up by just a tiny bit to compensate.

skidz88

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by knight_yyz Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:41 pm

sorry I worded that wrong, if the car is dropped you want to raise the lights a bit, I believe the best way to test is to park about 2 feet from a wall on a level surface, you want the main part of the beam to be about 2 ft from the ground,

knight_yyz

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by ecrash Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:15 pm

If you don't mind me asking, how much for the kit and from where? Post some pics if possible.

ecrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mclovin Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:05 pm

i cant raise it since 5th gen housing is made for halogen lights, so theres glare.
Kit was 240 from china i believe lol got it online

Mclovin

Back to top Go down

Post by ecrash Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:33 am

Mclovin wrote:i cant raise it since 5th gen housing is made for halogen lights, so theres glare.
Kit was 240 from china i believe lol got it online

That's the reason I did not bother with HID's. Unless of course I had the 5.5 gen housing. You said it came with a reflector/glare shield, did that help to reduce the glare at all? Got any pics btw?

ecrash

Back to top Go down

Post by renman Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:05 pm

The glare shield does reduce the glare.
renman
renman

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Mclovin Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:38 pm

i dont know wat it would'v looked like without a shield. I lowered the lights few days ago and that helped alot. I'll post pix after the long weekend

Mclovin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down