GTA Maxima
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn TMEC server can't be found AGAIN

+17
kat-u13
LLZuB
ecrash
Shippedout
Mclovin
clownin around v2
XoRoX
kingrukus
Hossmaxima
TLMNICK
mchapel
maximanigel
NozMaximus
skidz88
knight_yyz
MarkhamMax
Ghost
21 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Damn TMEC server can't be found AGAIN Empty Damn TMEC server can't be found AGAIN

Post by Ghost Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 am

wow the site made its way back up for 1/2 day and now the server can't be found again.
Ghost
Ghost

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Damn TMEC server can't be found AGAIN Empty Re: Damn TMEC server can't be found AGAIN

Post by Ghost Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:44 am

ooops back up again
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Damn TMEC server can't be found AGAIN Empty Re: Damn TMEC server can't be found AGAIN

Post by MarkhamMax Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:01 pm

and back down again...
MarkhamMax
MarkhamMax
Admin

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://gtamaxima.com

Back to top Go down

Post by knight_yyz Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Anyone know how to contact Will? I just found something he has been dying for and of course the site is down and I can't pm him. I tried on here but he may not think to look in here

knight_yyz

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkhamMax Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:49 pm

It must have something to do with wood grain. Smile
MarkhamMax
MarkhamMax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:38 pm

LOL ... for sure it does
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Geeez damn can't get onto the site again ... just get an Index loaded page:
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.8 Server at www.torontomaxima.com Port 80

seems to spent almost as much time down as it does up ... just like a hookers G-String

Last edited by Ghost on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by skidz88 Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:08 am

Looks like the site is really fubared now.

skidz88

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkhamMax Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:23 am

I haven't been on since Thursday night, so I had no idea there was issues again. Though, I did notice earlier in the week it was glitching, so it I guess it doesn't totally surprise me.
Ironically, this free server has been rock solid since day one. The problem is reminding people it exists. Hard to do when the main server is down. The only avenue is to remind people the backup server exists by writing a note on 'the org', but then the org ends up becoming the back up site by default lol.
MarkhamMax
MarkhamMax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:47 am

You are right MM pretty much all week long the TMEC site did have some difficulties with being available one minute and then a few minutes later it would appear to be down ... strangely enough I tend to make an assumption that it may be my connection and I always launch this backup site just to check that it is not a problem at my end.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by skidz88 Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:27 pm

This is around the same time that last years outage occurred. I really hope 09 doesn't turn out like last year where we didn't really have much of a car club until July, when we barely managed to scrape together a BBQ.

I like the simple and very functional layout of this site. Is there anyway that the URL can be changed to torontomaxima.com? or .ca? Doing that would generate way more traffic to this site, and it could become the new home for us.

To be quite honest, when I look at TMEC and try to compare to other local clubs it just doesn't stack up. Granted we're probably one of the cheapest groups of people out there, and that's why Richie most likely thinks TMEC just isn't worth the time or effort anymore. That and the fact that all the OGs have pretty much moved on to other cars and aren't seen much anymore. But even so, we have nothing in terms of sponsors or special group buys. The club has no incentive to donate, nor has much to offer its members.

Don't get me wrong, TMEC is still a great community and the people here are awesome, but it's the club name itself and its lack of anything to offer its members. Maybe it's time for Richie to pass the torch off to someone(or a few someones) that has a passion for running a club and striving to see it expand. Hooking up with sponsors and local shops to create something great enough that people wanna donate to reap the benefits of.

skidz88

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkhamMax Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:12 am

skidz88 wrote:This is around the same time that last years outage occurred. I really hope 09 doesn't turn out like last year where we didn't really have much of a car club until July, when we barely managed to scrape together a BBQ.

I like the simple and very functional layout of this site. Is there anyway that the URL can be changed to torontomaxima.com? or .ca? Doing that would generate way more traffic to this site, and it could become the new home for us.

To be quite honest, when I look at TMEC and try to compare to other local clubs it just doesn't stack up. Granted we're probably one of the cheapest groups of people out there, and that's why Richie most likely thinks TMEC just isn't worth the time or effort anymore. That and the fact that all the OGs have pretty much moved on to other cars and aren't seen much anymore. But even so, we have nothing in terms of sponsors or special group buys. The club has no incentive to donate, nor has much to offer its members.

Don't get me wrong, TMEC is still a great community and the people here are awesome, but it's the club name itself and its lack of anything to offer its members. Maybe it's time for Richie to pass the torch off to someone(or a few someones) that has a passion for running a club and striving to see it expand. Hooking up with sponsors and local shops to create something great enough that people wanna donate to reap the benefits of.

I hear your frustration. I too, have been dismayed by the main site's downtime. In an odd way the frequency of the glitches makes me feel like a neglected child at times.

When the major 'pwnage' happened last year, I built up this site with great enthusiasm, and with an eye to convincing Richie to point the domain name here. Richie expressed to me at the time he was not ready to pass the torch, and I fully respected that. TMEC has been like an extra limb for him, so I didn't address it further.

Still, with each passing glitch I was tempted at times to just register torontomaxima.ca, but that would quite simply be an act of mutiny. An act of which I didn't care to undo a friendship over.

That said, with my hands tied in such a way that I could do nothing to help improve the situation, these continued glitches have actually forced me to not care.

If Richie gives me some indication otherwise, then I am happy to purchase the TorontoMaxima.ca domain name, or .com from Rich, point the name it at this site. Beyond administering the site, I would be more interested in appointing mods who, like myself at one time, have a genuine interest in stepping up to the plate and 'taking care of the rest'.

I will note however, that on a personal level my enthusiasm for my Maxima has actually never been higher, but it's become a more insular journey for me.

We'll see what happens...
MarkhamMax
MarkhamMax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:15 pm

I did receive an e-mail this morning from Rich about the site, I send him a print screen at about 10:30 pm on Saturday evening more so as a just a heads up that the site appeared to be off line yet again. In the past I had sent him a email pretty much as soon as I knew the site was off-line but did not do it this time as I felt some of the others may have already done so and that a fix was already in the works.

To be fair to Rich if we don't advise him that there is an issue it does make it some what difficult to react to it, we all live very busy lives as I am sure Rich does as well so regular daily visits to the site may not always be possible. Below is a copy of my email from Rich.

"Hi Jim,
Thanks for the heads up. Looks to be a hosting issue but I’m looking into it. No one’s advised me. You are usually the first.
- Rich"

Now having some of the things that you have mentioned above would indeed enhance the site and most likely encourage more to respond by donating to the sites up keep and operations, having more sponsor and group deals also create tremendous interest. So I must be honest of all the times that the request for donation has gone out I always seem to be short on the cash and have not made any such contributions therefore I feel guilty and really have no right to complain, so I won't.

The site & the TMEC site does bring me a source of enjoyment reading what some of the guys have done or are planning to do with their rides, meeting some has also been a pleasure and being able to assist another member where I can also brings a good feeling of being helpful. Having this site as a backup has been a blessing and allows us to keep in touch, I will say my thank you for that MM and do hope that a more stable site does result from all the efforts made by the administrators and the moderators.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by NozMaximus Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:15 pm

For starters, donations would be difficult if they aren't accepted in a convenient way. What I mean by that is, every time Richie has asked for a donation, I've attempted to e-mail transfer him what I can afford to donate, only to find out that the e-mail transfer has expired 2 weeks later. Honestly life's too busy for me to call up Richie, or discuss why he isn't checking his donate@torontomaxima.com e-mail address??

I might be just one person, or there might be other like me, who do genuinely care for the site more than I care much for my Maxima, because I would have never been able to keep this car on the road without the help and advice of some TMEC members at times. And I want to contribute back to the community in whatever way I can, but not when there are obstacles thrown my way in the process.

NozMaximus

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NozMaximus Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Wouuwwwww.... Account is Suspended! Shocked Is that my account on TMEC, or TMEC's account on the server?!?!

NozMaximus

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Not sure the TMEC site is back up and I have never seen my own personal account get suspended .... Try to log in again might be just a glitch.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkhamMax Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:19 am

NozMaximus wrote:Wouuwwwww.... Account is Suspended! Shocked Is that my account on TMEC, or TMEC's account on the server?!?!

Got me there dude. Question
MarkhamMax
MarkhamMax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Oh hell the site appears to be off line again ... nice change to the site header MM ... need just a small adjustment to pull back the blue from extending outside the margin ... but I do the the font graphic.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by maximanigel Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:00 am

ya man, i sent you a msg too ghost. lol

maximanigel

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkhamMax Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:31 am

Ghost wrote:Oh hell the site appears to be off line again ... nice change to the site header MM ... need just a small adjustment to pull back the blue from extending outside the margin ... but I do the the font graphic.

Yeah I'm still tweaking things...
MarkhamMax
MarkhamMax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mchapel Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Just before things went "south" - - with all the "DICK" posts - - the member "Clownin_Around" got in a bit of a snit and threatened to shut down TMEC. Well, I contacted Richie and it looked like we'd stopped him, but now it seems that the damage done was a bit more substantial than originally thought.

IMHO, Richie should contact the police and have the bozo charged...
mchapel
mchapel

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by skidz88 Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:19 pm

That little idiot is the reason TMEC is down? Didn't think he'd have caused that much damage, wow.

BTW I like the facelift you gave this site Hadman.

skidz88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I agree Mark and hope Richie can follow through with nailing the little rats ass as hacking is a criminal offense ... hope the repairs don't take much time
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TLMNICK Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:30 pm

If he can truely be charged for this....I will be MORE than willing to offer any assistance needed. The little retard lives on my street. I saw him outside this morning and he couldnt, wouldnt even look at me. All this becuase nobody agreed with his love of GM garbage.

Is it really that easy to take the forum down like that??

TLMNICK

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkhamMax Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 pm

TLMNICK wrote:If he can truely be charged for this....I will be MORE than willing to offer any assistance needed. The little retard lives on my street. I saw him outside this morning and he couldnt, wouldnt even look at me. All this becuase nobody agreed with his love of GM garbage.

Is it really that easy to take the forum down like that??

There's always a way to wreak havoc. The underbelly of the web is a wicked little bugger.
MarkhamMax
MarkhamMax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next